Job Posting Title:
Senior SEO Strategist
Who We're Looking For
Sr. SEO Strategist- Seattle, WA
Out of an abundance of caution due to the concerns surrounding the current situation with the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we will be conducting our hiring process completely virtually. That means that all interviews and onboarding activities will be held online or over the phone. The health of our employees and candidates is our main priority and we hope you will forgive any inconvenience that may arise from this non-conventional approach. While the day-to-day approach has changed a bit during this time, our commitment to hiring the best talent in the industry and helping them to thrive both personally and professionally is stronger than ever.
Are you passionate about SEO and ready to take the next step in your career by joining a premier digital marketing agency and working with exciting clients from a variety of industries? As a Senior SEO Strategist at Portent, you will have strong expertise in SEO, a strategic mindset, in-depth technical knowledge, and excellent communication skills. You’ll collaborate heavily with clients and work with other internal teams (Content, Analytics, Outreach, etc.) to deliver SEO recommendations that reflect industry trends that align with client goals. Portent sets the bar high for SEO experts. This role is fast-paced and is a unique opportunity for someone who is passionate about driving growth and pushing the boundaries with innovative SEO.
Breaking Down Your Day–to–Day:
- Partner with the SEO Team Lead to develop strategic recommendations for organic opportunities, including technical SEO, onsite SEO, offsite SEO, goals, campaign strategies, and tactics
- Monitor client sites, seek out organic growth opportunities, and provide broad strategic insight around established SEO marketing goals
- Track, measure, and report on all campaign work each month, partnering with Portent’s Analytics Team when needed
- Manage client communication and interaction with the team in a timely and consistent fashion
- Contribute to the Portent blog and marketing initiatives
- Stay current with industry trends and best practices
What You Need:
- 4-6 years of SEO marketing experience
- Minimum of two years working at a marketing agency
- Advanced working knowledge of search engines, how they work, and the factors involved in rankings
- Strong and constantly growing knowledge of all aspects of SEO
- Advanced knowledge of SEO tools including Google Analytics
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively collaborate with senior management and staff
- Ability to execute on assigned initiatives promptly
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-reliant, excellent problem-solver, results-oriented
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments independently to problem solve
- A cover letter demonstrating your interest in Portent, this position, and your written communication strength
Portent, Clearlink’s agency team, is comprised of 50 digital marketers with offices in Seattle and Salt Lake City. We’ve been supporting Fortune 500 companies with their digital marketing for over 20 years and relish continuing to learn about our ever-evolving industry.
At Portent, you will have opportunities to work with people who are as passionate as they are talented, develop yourself and your skills, and work on challenging and rewarding projects. We thrive on our inclusive and empowering work culture, where everyone has the support to do their best work and grow in their careers.
We believe that energized, well-balanced people with interests outside of work make the best employees, which is why we offer the following benefits:
- Flexible work from home schedules
- Up to 100% healthcare for your entire family
- Over one month of paid time off to start
- 12 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave
- Matching 401K
- Get paid every Friday!
- Monthly wellness activities
- Quarterly company outings
- One Friday a month dedicated to skill development and training
- Fully-stocked lunch room and gourmet coffee
- Award-winning wellness program with free health coaching
- Monthly employee recognition awards
- All-expense paid vacations for top employees